International Workshop on Microfactories
There is incredible potential in reducing the physical scale of numerous processes related to the manufacture of many forms of future dense "mechatronic" products and the manipulation of microscopic and nanoscopic objects and materials for the benefit of mankind. Small systems capable of these operations are referred to as "microfactories." A worldwide effort is currently underway to bring such microfactories to fruition.
After the previous successful International Workshops on Microfactories, which took place in Tsukuba, Japan in 1998, in Fribourg, Switzerland in 2000, in Minneapolis, Minnesota in 2002, Shangai, China in 2004 and in Besancon, France in 2006, the 6th International Workshop on Microfactories (IWMF'08) will be held in Evanston, Illinois on October 5-7, 2008.
*** Attention Attendees ***
- The final paper submission deadline has been extended to August 22.
- Please book hotel rooms soon, as our room block cut-off dates are quickly approaching.
- Any non-U.S. citizens planning to participate in the tour visiting Argonne National laboratory must be pre-registered by September 15, 2008, and will be required to complete and submit an Access Form for clearance to enter the facility. Click here to register.
Topics to be covered at the workshop include but are not limited to the following:
- System Aspects of Microfactories
- Industrial Engineering for Microfactories
- Microassembly & Handling Technologies
- Microsensors & Microactuators
- Micromachining & 3D Microstructuring
- Microfactories for Mechatronical, Chemical, Medical, Pharmaceutical & Biotechnological Applications
- Scaling of Manufacturing Systems
- Control and Automation Aspects of Microfactories
- Link to Nanotechnologies
- Innovations and Visions for the Future
- Personal Factory
- Self-assembly of Mechanical Devices for Automated Production
- Task-oriented Microsystems
|Electronic abstract submissions due:||May 5, 2008|
|Authors notified of acceptance:||May 15, 2008|
|Full papers due:||August 22, 2008|
|Download the call for paper(PDF format)|